If you’ve been noticing a strange little app called photoanalysisd on your Apple device, you’re not alone. Lots of people have wondered what this is, and WHY it’s using so much of your CPU’s power.
Photoanalysisd is the program that identifies faces and objects within photos!
If you’ve ever searched through your photos for a specific person, it’s this app that can help do perform that task.
Photoanalysisd analyzes your photo library and provides deep learning-based facial recognition and object detection.
This app is important for two reasons:
1) It helps keep your photos organized and easy to find.
2) It helps improve the quality of your photo searches.
Can you disable Photoanalysisd?
Yes, you can disable Photoanalysisd if it’s using too much of your CPU’s power. Here’s how:
- Turn off the Mac.
- Hold Command and R key until the Mac reboots into Recovery Mode.
- Choose Utilities > Terminal.
- Type csrutil disable.
- Type reboot, and your Mac will boot normally.