Yes, there is a type of martial arts based somewhat on the crab!
This style is “Crab style Kung Fu,” and is part of a massive ground combat system called Black Scorpion.
The Crab technique is identified by…
- Crab posture – lying on the ground with just a few standing techniques
- “toughening” – I.e. being tough like a crab
- weapons – a key component of the Black Scorpion system in general
- Crab throws
- Crab sweeps
- and more.
There is also a standing crab system that can capture opponents in a “scissor” or “pincer” style throw.
What is the rarest martial art?
There are several martial arts you may have never heard of before, including:
- Lerdrit – practiced in the Thai army
- Dambe – based on a dangerous style of western Africa and Egypt
- Jailhouse Rock – what is sounds like, it was developed in US prisons!
- Silat – a collective name for hundreds of different styles developed in Maylasia